Denver's premier leadership and action civics boot camp for young revolutionaries.
- Learn how to build collective power in your community.
- Learn practices and strategies for lasting change.
Gain new perspectives, new competencies, and a better sense of your own place and path as a leader.
Work in an environment that allows young leaders to develop and express their voice in meaningful ways.
Meet other youth, program leaders, policy makers, business leaders, educational leaders, and community members.
Learn how to reject, resist, and imagine new alternatives.
APPLICATIONS OPEN SPRING 2018
June 25-August 3, 2017. 10AM-3PM | APPLICATIONS DUE TBA.
JUNE 25-JUNE 27: RETREAT
JULY 2-JULY 6: Module #1 CIVIC LEADERSHIP
JULY 9-13: Module #2 YOUTH PARTICIPATORY ACTION RESEARCH
JULY 16-20: Module #3 COMMUNITY ORGANIZING & ADVOCACY
JULY 23-27: Module #4 YOUTH-ADULT PARTNERSHIPS
JULY 30-AUG 3: Module #5 PARTICIPATORY BUDGETING & POLICY ARGUMENTS
AUGUST 10: WAKE UP WITH VOYCE YOUTH SHOWCASE BREAKFAST
- Does is cost anything to participate in VOYCE Academy?
- No! The VOYCE Academy is completely free to all participants.
- Can I have a job while participating in the VOYCE Academy?
- YES! As long as it does not conflict with the Academy hours (Monday-Friday 10am-3pm).
- What are the required qualifications to attend the VOYCE Academy?
- You must be enrolled in school and have a 2.0 GPA and be between 14-25 years old.
- What is a Project VOYCE Youth Trainer?
- The Project VOYCE Youth Trainer is a youth who completed the VOYCE Academy and successfully passed the certification test. The certification test will show you've gained the skills and knowledge needed to deliver trainings, presentations, and workshops to educators and community members to receive a monetary incentive above the Colorado minimum wage.