Denver's premier leadership and action civics boot camp for young revolutionaries.
- Learn how to build collective power in your community.
- Learn practices and strategies for lasting change.
Gain new perspectives, new competencies, and a better sense of your own place and path as a leader.
Work in an environment that allows young leaders to develop and express their voice in meaningful ways.
Meet other youth, program leaders, policy makers, business leaders, educational leaders, and community members.
Learn how to reject, resist, and imagine new alternatives.
APPLICATIONS DUE JUNE 20th
June 26-August 4, 2017. 10AM-3PM | APPLICATIONS DUE MAY 31.
JUNE 26-JUNE 28: RETREAT
JUNE 29-JULY 7: Module #1 CIVIC LEADERSHIP
JULY 10-14: Module #2 YOUTH PARTICIPATORY ACTION RESEARCH
JULY 17-21: Module #3 COMMUNITY ORGANIZING & ADVOCACY
JULY 24-28: Module #4 YOUTH-ADULT PARTNERSHIPS
JULY 31-AUG 4: Module #5 PARTICIPATORY BUDGETING & POLICY ARGUMENTS
AUGUST 11: WAKE UP WITH VOYCE YOUTH SHOWCASE BREAKFAST
- Does is cost anything to participate in VOYCE Academy?
- No! The VOYCE Academy is completely free to all participants.
- Can I have a job while participating in the VOYCE Academy?
- YES! As long as it does not conflict with the Academy hours (Monday-Friday 10am-3pm).
- What are the required qualifications to attend the VOYCE Academy?
- You must be enrolled in school and have a 2.0 GPA and be between 14-25 years old.
- What is a Project VOYCE Youth Trainer?
- The Project VOYCE Youth Trainer is a youth who completed the VOYCE Academy and successfully passed the certification test. The certification test will show you've gained the skills and knowledge needed to deliver trainings, presentations, and workshops to educators and community members to receive a monetary incentive above the Colorado minimum wage.